Grow old with me; the best is yet to be      

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

my dad has a pet phrase, 'you foolish idealistic young academics', which he never fails to use when we discuss politics, it pisses me off terribly.
i'm doin a wee bit of politickin here, i don't know why really.

my lovely dad assumes, by questionin the system in my country, i'm being contemptuous of the peace and stability in singapore. it is so far from the truth, it is really funny.

i'm tellin you, i think singapore has really to boast about her national education programme. i mean i must have started drawin my first "every drop of water counts" poster when i'm seven. now i'm nineteen, and i still kick myself when i leave the water tap runnin.

some time back, people were sighin and lamentin about how youngsters are becomin increasingly apathetic about political happenings, but surely this trends can be traced. questioning the system is almost as good as questioning the authority of your parents to whoop your ass, its like a slow but sure death. so bein a clever citizen, i'll keep my political debates around the tables of the kopitiam, and lead my cloistered academic life. now, isn't it obvious why youngsters are becomin apathetic. no?

stickmen love at 2:02 AM
 






Links:
03A22 ; Angela ; Atikk ;
Cand ; Marcus ; Pauline ;
Peishan ; Serena ; Wendy ;
Xiujuan ; Yeli